GVIAS Board of Directors – Code of Conduct
Print Name ________________________________
The Board is committed to effective decision making and, once a decision has been made, speaking with one voice. Towards this end board members will:
● Speak from broad member and community interests
● Speak for themselves (“my own thinking on this is that…”) rather for than a group of members.
● Express additional or alternative points of view and invite others to do so too.
● Refrain from “lobbying” other board members outside of board meetings that might have the effect of creating factions and limiting free and open discussion.
● On important issues, be balanced in one’s effort to understand others and to make oneself understood.
● Once made, support and defend board decisions, even if one’s own view is a minority one.
● Not disclose or discuss differences of opinion on the board outside of board meetings. All voting is recorded in the minutes anonymously.
● Respect the confidentiality of information on sensitive issues, especially in personnel matters.
● Refrain from speaking for the organization unless authorized to do so.
● Disclose one’s involvement with other organizations, businesses or individuals where such a relationship might be viewed as a conflict of interest (see Conflict of Interest Policy).
● Refrain from giving direction on behalf of the board, to committees or Production teams, unless authorized to do so.
● Refrain for engaging in public debate on social media. Disparaging comments about other board members, committee members or members at large will not be allowed. Additionally, no discussion of the internal workings of the BOD are allowed to be posted in the public realm.
Signed ________________________________ Date _______________________________