ReCharge is happening!
Thank you so much to our amazing community members who have stepped up to rescue ReCharge! The team is in the process of finalizing the date and the venue, so look for more details to be announced very soon!
BITF: Hindsight 2020 – Dates Announced
Burn in the Forest will be held from July 15th to 19th this year.
It’s official! We’re happy to announce that we’re returning to Snug Lake, and an extra day will be added, making this year better than the rest! Please refer to the BitF 2020 Discussion Group on Facebook for up-to-date information, including lead recruitment, ticketing, grant deadlines, theme camp applications, art placement, and so much more!
Save the date for our AGM!
Our AGM will be held on Monday March 23rd, Room B at the Croatian Cultural Center.
We’d love to hear your input, questions, suggestions! Everyone is welcome to attend, but only GVIAS members will be able to vote. Elections will be held for up to 2 new members, plus the renewal of terms for 3 existing board members. Membership signup can be found here: https://gvias.org/gvias-membership/.
Highlights will include: budget update, Conduct Committee update, board member elections, BITF and Dustcovery reports, updates on ReCharge and the Art Grants Committee and an open forum for topics from community members, as time allows. Please send your submissions for potential topics to: [email protected].
Looking for a GVIAS Board Treasurer
Many thanks to the amazing Jenn Hardie, who served as Treasurer for the past two years! Jenn has been instrumental in helping us switch over to using receipt bank and establish electronic/paperless processes.
Treasurer job duties include:
- Receives and manages donation money and records.
- Leads the development of the annual budget.
- Reviews event budget proposals.
- Ensures Cash Handling Policy is communicated and adhered to by event leads, as required.
- Issues and mails cheques for reimbursement requests from BiTF Cost Control (for BiTF), Dustcovery Producer (for Dustcovery), ReCharge Producer (for ReCharge), Conduct Committee Leads (for Conduct Committee) and from Board members using GVIAS expense reimbursement form, as needed and approved by the annual budget.
- Issues and mails cheques for Art Grants, based on approved receipt logs and grant contracts provided by Grants Committee
- Performs the financial functions of GVIAS, including but not limited to, all financial record keeping for GVIAS and liaising with GVIAS’s external bookkeeper for preparation of quarterly and annual financial reports
- Ensures each reimbursement is accompanied by back-up and is coded as per QB coding
- Works with bookkeeper for preparation of annual tax and GST filings
- Makes cash deposits from liquor sales proceeds from events (Dustcovery & ReCharge)
If you are interested in joining the GVIAS Board in this or another capacity, please submit a Nomination Letter to the Board introducing yourself and letting us know why you want to join the Board, as well as what experience you bring with you. Please email your nomination letter to: [email protected].
The BitF Systems Team is currently looking for Cost Control and Procurement Leads!
The Systems group performs various “business” activities to ensure BITF becomes a reality. The activities include participating in locating a venue for BITF, drafting the necessary contract to secure the venue, obtaining relevant insurance, procuring infrastructure and other items, managing the overall budget, cost control, and implementing and managing ticketing for the event. Some of the Systems group’s activities are technical in nature, such as user administration. Most system activities occur prior to BITF, typically at the beginning of the planning cycle. Having some background in business is very helpful.
Please complete the following questionnaire as soon as possible to indicate your interest: