The Contracts Committee exists to centralize the management of all vendor and venue relationships across all GVIAS events. Primary responsibilities include sourcing and negotiation of all contracts/procurement for $1,000 and over, and maintaining lists of, and relationships with, venues and vendors.
Organizational Goals & Responsibilities
- Source, and negotiate contracts for $1k and over;
- Manage relationships with venues and vendors, introducing the main production group as they are signed up for positions;
- Ensure all venue contracts also reviewed and approved by the BoD;
- Preparation of insurance applications and coordination with the BoD member assigned to insurance management and GVIAS’ insurers;
- Coordinate signing of any contracts by the BoD signatories where required;
- Coordinate payment with Treasurer;
- Work with Finance Committee and BitF controller to ensure contracts within budget limits;
- Work with applicable event production members to secure vendors and ensure delivery of required services or products;
- Manage and maintain list of potential venues for all events;
- Manage and maintain list of vendors uses for events and potential replacements as needed.
- Clear communications with board and chosen event leaders to ensure following of all rules and restrictions of the contracts;
- Maintain strong relationships with vendors for all three events;
- Maintain strong relationships with the venues chosen for all events;
- Regular correspondence with BoD as to status of venue contracts and approval of terms;
- Regular correspondence with BoD and applicable event leaders as to status of contracts, requirements, updates;
- Following Code of conduct in all interactions;
- Follow all applicable BoD approved policies;
- Keep regular and accurate minutes of any committee meetings of the whole;
- Use G-Suite and Drive to store all materials to ensure continuity of knowledge;
- Report to the BoD and community annually at the AGM.
Commitment: Year round
Term: 1 to 2 years
- Heavy in the first year / two (2021, 2022) as relationships and processes for the committee are outlined and established
- Three to four events per year.
- Recharge in Feb/Mar
- BitF in July
- Burner skool in mid-summer (venue only)
- Dustcovery in October/November.
- 1-15 hours per event, depending on size and length
Multiple Terms: Yes
- Comfort with contracts (review and negotiation), with preference for relevant experience related to events, non-profits or corporations;
- Excellent verbal and written communication;
- Experience with procurement and vendor management, professionally or for similar events.
Reports to: GVIAS Board of Directors
- BitF Production
- Dustcovery Production
- Recharge Production
- Communications Committee
- Finance Committee