The Finance Committee exists to support GVIAS (including the BoD and event committees such as BitF) with budget creation and financial management. It enables those with the interest and skills to work in this area to contribute to our community and the financial health and survival of our non-profit society.
Organizational Goals & Responsibilities
- Assist Treasurer with GVIAS budget in lead up to Annual General Meeting (March);
- Create and finalize budgets for all GVIAS events, working with the applicable producers;
- Roll out budgets to BitF controller and mentor them to learn the role;
- Present budgets to all event producers and be there to assist if they need to ask questions;
- Assistance with year end financial reporting.
- Assist event controllers and BoD treasurer (including assistance with year-end reporting);
- Keep regular and accurate minutes of any committee meetings of the whole;
- Use G-Suite and Drive to store all materials to ensure continuity of knowledge;
- Report to the BoD and community annually at the AGM with Treasurer;
- Regular correspondence with Treasurer throughout the year with respect to activities, issues, etc.;
- Follow the Code of Conduct in all interactions;
- Follow all applicable BoD approved policies.
Commitment: Year round.
Term: 1 – 2 years
Monthly: Two hours per month, with additional hours in the weeks leading up to the AGM and all budget submissions
Multiple Terms: yes
- Comfort with general accounting principles.
- Experience as one of the following:
- Past role as treasurer of GVIAS or other non-profit organization that has an established budget;
- Controller, book-keeper, or skills in accounting or financial management with experience in budget creation and management;
- Other demonstrable experience in the creation and management of budgets for an organization with an established annual budget.
Reports to: GVIAS Board of Directors
- BitF Production Controller
- Dustcovery Production
- Recharge Production
- Grants Committee
- Contracts Committee