The Leadership Committee exists to advise the GVIAS BoD with respect to the recruitment, onboarding, retention and succession planning for leadership positions within the community. Primary responsibilities include discussion and consultation to create recommendations and processes, advise the BoD, create plans, formulate documents and presentations, and deliver training. This group of volunteers are seasoned leaders who have the drive and experience to help elevate the organization as a whole.
Organizational Goals & Responsibilities
- Advise BoD with respect to organizational leadership initiatives, recruitment, on-boarding, retention and succession planning, and organizational management;
- Assist BoD with vetting of all leadership positions with GVIAS;
- Team building and leadership skills sharing with BitF production;
- Provide the community with a broad level of experience in community leadership.
- Attend scheduled meetings;
- Regularly report to and correspond with BoD throughout the year, via BoD liaison;
- Keep regular and accurate minutes;
- Use G-Suite and Drive to store all materials to ensure continuity of knowledge;
- Report to the BoD and community annually at the AGM;
- Sign and abide by statement of confidentiality;
- Follow the Code of Conduct in all interactions;
- Follow all applicable BoD approved policies.
Commitment: Year round
Term: 1 to 2 years
Monthly: 1-2 meetings, 1-2 hrs per meeting; sometimes more as needed.
Multiple Terms: Yes
- Past leadership role within GVIAS or other burner organization: Must have previously served either on GVIAS board, BitF Production Team, Dustcovery Production Team, ReCharge Production Team, Grants Committee, Conduct Committee, Tech Committee, Volunteer Committee or as a Burning Man Regional Contact; alternatively individuals who have served at another Regional, in one of the aforementioned, equivalent positions.
Reports to: GVIAS Board of Directors
- BitF Production
- Dustcovery Production
- Recharge Production
- Communications Committee
- Policy Committee
- Culture Committee
- Volunteer Committee