CALL-OUT FOR RECHARGE PRODUCTIONS LEADS
Hello all! following closely on the hot trail of Dustcovery’s success, GVIAS is looking for art and fundraising focused volunteers to produce ReCharge this winter.
ReCharge is a burner-inspired crowd fundraising event where attendees get to choose which project their money goes to! 2019 will be the event’s 5th year. Last year we raised over $7700.00 for 18 art projects intended for Burning Man, Burn in the Forest, and other Regional events. With your help we can do even better!!
Production is usually a team consisting of one or two Chairpersons, and their team leads (i.e. Artist Liaison, Volunteer Coordinator, Decor, Sound, Power, Set-up). The Chairperson serves as the chief facilitator and works with their teams leads to put on this great fundraising event. Specific items to the Chairperson role typically include:
– venue negotiations and booking (with GVIAS board support – needs to happen soon)
-call out for and selection of the team leads
– chairing of production meetings
– co-ordination with liquor licensing, fire, police, venue security, and rangers
– liaising with GVIAS board regarding budget, info blasts, etc.
– managing information and announcements (i..e initial artist and DJ application call outs)
– bar (purchasing and pricing etc)
If you are interested please email us at [email protected] before DECEMBER 8 with:
1. your name
2. preferred contact info
3. why you are interested in being a ReCharge chairperson
4. brief info on your production background (burner related or otherwise)
Thank you in advance to everyone who puts their name forward!