New GVIAS Board Members Needed
Are you interested in giving back? Stewarding our community into the future? Being behind the scenes for all the things? The GVIAS Board of Directors is looking for new dedicated individuals to fill a minimum of 3 vacant positions for the upcoming term. We need YOU to fill them!
If you are interested in joining the board of directors, please send your written expression of interest, and any questions, to [email protected]. We want to hear from you!
All expressions of interest must be received NO LATER than March 6, 2020 for your name to be added to the AGM election list. Please note you must be a member of GVIAS to be elected as a director of the society.
What does the Board do:
- responsible for GVIAS’ financial and legal obligations, and sound management as a non-profit society.
- responsible for planning the long term development and growth of GVIAS.
- responsible for working with, and delegating authority, to GVIAS’ standing committees: BiTF, Dustcovery, Recharge, Conduct, Grants, etc.
- responsible for approving capital expenditures and operating budgets.
- those listed on the GVIAS page, and soon a number of new liaison roles as we roll out new standing committees (leadership, technology, finance, etc).
- for more information on the treasurer role please see GVIAS’ latest newsletter.
- directors are elected at the AGM as members-at-large, and board roles are chosen annually by the elected directors
Minimum responsibilities (all roles):
- stand for election at the AGM, and be prepared to speak about who you are and what you will bring to the board
- serve in a minimum of one board role
- attendance at monthly meetings (2 – 3 hrs ea, remote attendance possible)
- a minimum of a few additional hours a month fulfilling your board role
- regular responsive internal and external correspondence (vis GVIAS email and WhatsApp)
- annual full day working ‘retreat’ to plan for the upcoming year
- attendance at some or all additional meetings (town halls, etc)
- confidentiality agreement
- minimum of one 2 year term
GVIAS will hold its annual Annual General Meeting in Room B at the Croatian Cultural Centre from 7:00-9:00 pm on Monday, March 23rd. Everyone is welcome to attend, but only GVIAS members will be able to vote. Sign-in lists for the existing GVIAS members will be available in the room.
Should you wish to propose any addition to the agenda, please send your request to [email protected] no later than March 4, 2020.